Do you ever wonder what to get the person with too much stuff? It can be hard to think of gifts to get someone who already has everything. Rather than add to the clutter, I suggest giving one of these 45 consumable gifts! These gifts are things that can be used up, and a lot of them focus on experiences—like tickets to the zoo. There are ideas for every price range, from the cost of play-dough to a savings bond, and every age range.
Let’s start with kids.
Consumable Gift Ideas for Kids
- Art Supplies! Markers, crayons, paints, sidewalk chalk, and play-dough are great gifts for kids that get dried out or used up and need to be replaced often.
- Snacks. Candy is an obvious stocking stuffer choice, but you could also include yummy healthly goodies like trail mix and things to bake like sugar cookie or muffin mix.
- Theme park tickets. This will definitely be a memory maker.
- Art, dance, or sports lessons.
- Movie Tickets.
- Zoo or Aquarium passes.
- A saving bond. This may seem a little boring, but trust me it will be greatly appreciated later! My grandma bought me a savings bond when I was a few years old and I just found it this year and used it to buy a Smartphone- yep I’d say that was a great gift
- Gift cards to places to get a treat or snack like an ice cream shop.
- I tunes gift card for older kids.
- Science or discovery museum tickets.
Some of these ideas would be appropriate for adults too, like the Itunes gift card and the savings bond, yes I would still like one of those :). But now let’s talk about gifts for adults that are not so much a consumable (thing to eat or lotion to use up) but an experience to have.
Instead of thinking of a gift as a physical thing to give, what if you thought of a gift as an activity or experience to give. Here are some ideas to facilitate experiences and memories!
- Concert tickets
- Dance Lessons
- Theater tickets
- Amusement park passes
- Museum passes
- Boating lessons
- Rock climbing classes
- Movie tickets
- Restaurant gift cards
Another great idea for grown ups is service based gifts. If you know someone whose house is bursting with things, try giving one of these service ideas, you can do these acts of service yourself or pay for them.
- House cleaning
- Pet sitting
- A car wash
- Diaper service (for those with a new baby)
- Meal service like Blue Apron
- Grocery delivery
Finally there are some traditional consumable gifts that can be eaten or used up and replaced. By giving gifts like these you won’t add to clutter Some of these gifts also make great stocking stuffers.
- Trail mix
- Dry soup mix
- Cookie mix
- Dried fruit
- Muffin mix
- Essential oils
- Chap stick
- Lip gloss
Here is the complete list to use as you shop:
Happy Christmas Shopping!